About a month ago I made a list of my goals for this year, on the Soul Purpose forums. Already, some are going better than others. And some I didn’t expect have come up. Like blogging hehe.
These are my goals for this year. I don’t really like new years resolutions. cause they’re made to be broken. But goals I can cope with, and I had a spare hour in BK today:
1) Pass all my papers with at least B- (if you saw my results last year, it’d sound more ambitious).
2) Learn how to have basic convo in French, and learn how to greet, ask things like “how are you?” etc, and possibly count and sing a song in each of the following languages: Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Mandarin, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Tamil, Indonesian, Afrikaans, Swahili, Maori, Samoan and Fijian
3) Finish my first album by the end of march.
4) get to the point where I’m reading my bible, communicating with God daily, and fasting on a regular basis, perhaps monthly.
5) Save $3600 (assuming job security)
6) Give financially, generously, regularly and sacrificially
7) Listen to everyone, even if I think I know what they’re gonna say.
8) Exercise in a way beyond daily walking for travel for half an hour a week if possible. (I do a lot of travel walking)
9) Write an album of scripture in song, to be recorded next year, one song per month ought to do the trick. (this one’s instead of bible memorisation, which I tend to do through music anyway, and which I don’t think I’m passionate enough about to sustain)
10) Memorise this list of goals. Sounds ambitious, I know, but nothing that can’t be achieved one day at a time.